Skip to content
About Randolph County, Alabama
- Randolph County is situated near key major markets. From Roanoke, the county’s largest city, Atlanta, Birmingham, and Montgomery are approximately an hour-and-a-half drive. Auburn/Opelika, AL, Lagrange, GA, and Anniston/Oxford, AL, are all within a drive time of 30 minutes to an hour from both Roanoke and Wedowee, the county seat, centrally located in the middle of the county.
- The county’s multi-modal transportation infrastructure, which includes access to interstate highways, mainline rail service, and navigable waterways, allows business and industry to reach customer markets quickly and efficiently.
- Randolph County’s business costs are very competitive and are enhanced by available local incentives to offset additional expenses for businesses in the county, and the cost of living is 18% lower than the national average.
- Average wages are 11% lower than the State of Alabama average.
- Manufacturing has a very strong presence in Randolph County, with approximately 27.5% of the workforce employed in the manufacturing sector.
- Crime rate is 22.7% of the national average.
- Alabama Power and Power South offer reliability and competitive electric rates for manufacturers.
- With a strong K-12 school system, as well as a strong technical education program and proximity to major colleges and universities, Randolph County offers a highly skilled workforce, along with the resources to provide advanced employee training for businesses/industry in the county.
- Randolph-Roanoke Career Technology Center is our state and national award-winning high school technical program.
- Southern Union Community College’s main campus is in Randolph County and the college serves more than 5,000 students each semester from its campuses in Wadley, Valley, and Opelika, which is home to their technical program.
- Randolph County’s scenery is breathtaking with its picturesque mountains and the pristine and clean waters of Lake Wedowee. At 24 miles long with over 270 miles of shoreline, Lake Wedowee provides an abundance of outdoor water recreation opportunities